Thursday, March 14, 2013

Radio Silence

Sorry for the long stint with no real posts.  I have had a bunch going on but I really don't know how to talk about the most important thing that has been going on.

Just before Christmas my mom had a bit of a health scare, the result of the health scare was a full hysterectomy.  Standard procedure for this type of thing is to check for cancer.  During that check they did find cancer and not just any run of the mill cancer but a really weird, rare, aggressive form.  My mom is currently starting round two of her four rounds of chemo treatment.  More than anything I want to go home and be with her, take care of her, do her grocery shopping and clean her toilet.  But that's not what she wants.  So for now I am here, praying, hoping, wishing that everything will turn out all right. That she will come out of this even healthier than she went in.  That I will have my mom for years and years to come.

But for now I just have to wait.

What I can say is my mom is amazing, brave, strong, and optimistic.  If anyone is going to make it through it will be her.

I love you Mom!




4 comments:

  1. The waiting is so hard.
    I'm thinking of you and your strong Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you. Missing you.
    Rachel R x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last two sentences is all that's been running through my mind since your mom told me. Couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I read about your family on FB, my mind goes immediately back to when your Mom and I was at your house watching you and Lisa getting ready for a special dance - your Mom and I would laugh...share with each other about our ol' days of getting ready for special moments; whenever I think of your Mom, it is her optimistic/positive look on life and the beauty she has inside and out!! I will be praying for your Mom, you and all of your family for a speedy recovery!! Shirley R

    ReplyDelete